2 bugs and a little lady

Monday, June 30, 2014

6 years

6 years ago today we went on our last vacation with Karissa. I didn't take many pictures of our vacation and the ones I did take just break my heart into a million tiny little pieces, especially the last one. I was hesitant to even post it. Karissa looks miserable and like she is in so much pain. Little did I know that a few days later she would be free from all her pain. That I would wake up on the morning of July 8th, 2008 and find that my sweet little angel was gone. Healed. Free from seizures. 

It has been almost 6 years since Karissa's death but yet it feels like an eternity. A lifetime ago. This past weekend I was with a friend of mine who also lost a child and I told her that it feels as if Karissa was never even here. It felt so strange to say it. Surreal. 

It's weird how the passing of time brings with it such a change of emotions. Different emotions. Ones that I never thought I would feel 6 years later. My thoughts are such a blubbering mess right now that I can't even begin to explain what I am trying to say. Ugh. I spent some time a few moments ago looking at my old blog, www.thegreekmama.blogspot.com  and some of my blog entries around this same time of year. I have come so far in my grieving/healing process and although time will NEVER heal my wound, the sting has definitely subsided. 







No comments:

Post a Comment